Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sell your MacBook

a1181 power points

edited January 2021 in MacBook

Hey john its me again

This time i want to ask about jump startng this Macbook 2007 a1181 2.16ghz motherboard 820-2213-A.

I could'nt find these anywhere else.Would like to know if there is any way to start it i remember someone making a video about touch two points on keyboard connector.

Kindly guide me if you know about power on pads on this model.

Comments

• They all have power-on pads but only the ones on 2009 2.13 and 2GHZ actually work. If I remember right, they are about an inch to the left of where the topcase/keyboard connector is.

2006-2008 have them, but again, they are inactive. On these models it is just right of where the topcase connects (if I remember right). Look for the small power symbol.

• That's a quiet confusing still on the a1342 keyboard you can short the pins to simulate power button.Can the still be done on this 20-07 board like shorting some pin to ground and simulating power button

• The power-on pads of both models A1342 work fine. But like I said, none of the A1181 pads work except 2009 2.0 and 2.13GHZ. I'm not sure what you mean about shorting the pins on a keyboard -- the reason people use power-on pads is when the keyboard/power button is fried and they need to test whether or not the board is still good.

• Thats exactly what i am talkig about anyway to turn this board on with charger on no keyboard so is there a pinout for the keyboard connector so i can short those pins in connector to turn it on or any other thing

And John Since you sell macbooks

How much is a Macbook 2008 2.5ghz

• edited January 2021

hey john anyway to jump start this board 820-2013 board without topcase

like drive drive or inserting ram or something

Edit:

I found this tutorial on youtube where the guy shows turning late 2006 on by touching keyboard pins

• Sorry, no 15" aluminums available right now

• Hey john can you give a reason for not buying a 2008 macbook pro as a lot of people says its a loss and gpu dies. would be nice if you provide a formal a reason and price it is worth of

• There’s the gpu, and it also only goes to to El Capitan, which is a dealbreaker for many people

• A bit more formal style. Like this model has this limitation and this defect and its worth this much

• edited January 2021

So hire a writer to make it formal — I don’t have time to write an article for you. Your constant questions with no explanation of what you are doing is getting annoying. You can figure this stuff out in 2 minutes on Google

• Yeah i can and i already know about this whole gpu poblem but sellers don't agree before being showed a paragraph stating the issue and by the way no need to be angry. I came to this forum because you looked like someone who had component level knowledge.

So anyway i found the trick to power an 2007 a1181 on without keyboard compared it to boardview and pinout.If you want that info to test that's okay.

And the reason i asked you about 15 inch 2008 pro is because one particular seller thinks its all nonsense and won't deal low