Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sell your MacBook

How do i remove deleted icloud account from my macbook air with t2 chip

Hello there,

I Deleted My icloud account before loging out the icloud account from my 2018 macbook air.

It is clearly state in apple's instructions for deleting the icloud account to first remove icloud account from all devices before deleting the icloud account.

Now I cannot remove the deleted icloud account from my laptop. Can I use DFU method to wipe my macbook or will it get activation lock?

I can still use my laptop, but cannot remove the icloud account

I hope someone can help me solve this issue as there is no much information about this issue in the internet.

Thank You!

Comments

• Hmmmm...I've never encountered that. Why would you delete your iCloud account?

If you are legitimate in doing all this, and the laptop is provably yours, I would go to an Apple store or call Apple, and they should be able to sort it out for you. You shouldn't have to do DFU mode or anything along those lines if you are actually the legal owner of the machine and the account is yours.

Thanks

• Hi John,

First of all, Thanks for your reply.

The main problem is, there is no Apple store in my country. The laptop belongs to me, i even have its IMEI matching box.

I have done some research, i found out this:

There is nothing you can do, and Apple will not be able to do anything for you either. You were instructed to be sure to sign the AppleID out of all services before it was deleted. Once it is deleted, there is no fix if you did not sign it out beforehand. There is no way to remove that AppleID from your device(s) now that the account with Apple has been deleted.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

• Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.”

It will be of great help if anyone can help me figure out this problem.

• Check out AppleTech:

I believe there is a bypass available for T2 models. It's not the same as eliminating it entirely, but at least it allows the laptop to be used.

• Does it remove the icloud?