Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sell your MacBook

EFI password Macbook pro 13' early 2011

edited September 2016 in MacBook Pro
I have a problem like to reset the pram but I not work on my mac book.
Please advise the other way.
I have seen the vedio few times and try but its fail.

Comments

• Hi! Thanks for the post!

Just to be clear, when you power on holding down the option key, do you see a padlock icon?

If you do, the procedure in the video should work -- remove or add a RAM module, and IMMEDIATELY reset the PRAM three times in succession. If you power on without resetting the PRAM, or you only reset it once, then you have missed the opportunity and you will have to change the RAM config again.

Thanks, and please let me know, and then we can go further if necessary.

John
  • Hi john
    I have try but still is fail.
    Please advise.
  • Again, I need to confirm -- when you hold down the option key while powering on, what do you see? The padlock icon?
  • edited September 2016
    If you did everything correctly then that would be fairly unusual, but in that case the most common issue tends to be either that RAM is not being recognized by a bad slot, or that you are dealing with bad RAM, and so the change in the amount of RAM is not being recognized.

The best option is to find a piece of RAM that you know is working, and that is also twice the capacity of the RAM you are using. That way changing the RAM in the same slot will also change the amount of RAM, whereas now you have no capacity to change the amount of RAM in one slot.

So if you have two 1GB modules, try the procedure again with a 2GB module in one slot and the other empty. If that doesn't work, you have to power on again with a 1GB module to reset it back, and then you can remove the 1GB module, and power on and try again with the 2GB in the OTHER slot than what you tried before.

Also, you haven't mentioned whether you were successful resetting the PRAM three times, or if the PRAM failed to reset at all. If the PRAM isn't resetting at all, you may have a keyboard issue.

That's about the best I can do without watching you perform the procedure.

Thanks
  • I have the same problem
    I will do everythin you instruct above, I have one more MAC and I think RAM there is bigger capacity....
    Thank you! I belive it!!!! :) just nead to ask my petience stay with me to the end:)
  • Good luck, and let me know how it goes!